Wanderer's to the Cabin

Monday, October 05, 2009

Autumn's First Snow

It's October, and in true Montana fashion we got our first snow fall of the season. This is what I woke up to this morning.

It's now doing the light snow thing but it's getting a little warmer, almost 40 so it's also starting to melt in some places. Have I ever mentioned, I Hate Snow, but I've lived in northern California (90 miles north of Reno, Nevada) and now Montana since moving with my DH from central California. He's a mountain guy, born and raised in northern California and I was born and raised a central California gal, but I do love Montana and the rural area we live in.

9 comments:

  1. Owwww - that's a howl - that hurts - it's too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I do not look forward to winter and snow either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAAHHHH, I love Montana... (visited Big Sky and Boseman and fell in love with it) I so want to go back. Would love to have snow. Arizona born and raised and never seen snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over the snow!!! We have had tons of rain the last 2 days and now it is a very muggy 88 outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow here in Idaho Falls, ID today too. Didn't last too long but as usual we went from 80 to 30 in a day. So much for fall!

    Heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRRRRR! We live in the desert part of California. I am not ready for the 67 degrees we had yesterday. We are supposed to warm up by the weekend to the 80's. I am not quite ready for such a brrrr cool down. The snow looks great! Endjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO SNOWWWWWWW!!!! Please keep it out west! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a few of your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.