Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, October 17, 2014

Just So Everyone Knows About It

We got a phone call the other day from someone claiming to be from Microsoft, the person had an Indian accent according to the big guy. This person told him that our computer was downloading files and other stuff to Microsoft.

The Big Guy questions: So let me get this straight, my computer is downloading files to you at Microsoft.

Guy on the phone: Yes and he'll need information from him to fix the problem.

Big Guy: OK, well which one of my computers is it?

Guy on the phone: "You have more than one computer"

Big Guy: Yeah, I have two.

Guy on the phone hangs up.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this scam. 

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

6 comments:

  1. I've been getting several calls a day from "Microsoft". The callers are men and women, very difficult to understand and when I ask for more information or ask them to provide some proof of who they are, they hang up. Also, the number they call from is always different, so it's impossible to block the call.

    Very annoying! Glad you didn't get scammed, but be aware that they will probably call again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love these calls, they are so much fun to wind up! You could try pretend to reset the microwave instead, or tell them you have a Mac. The best one we saw was when they got through to an actual IT Dept. who kept them on the line for about 45 minutes and recorded the whole thing then uploaded it to Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a worldwide thing ... happens here in the UK too ... same scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know about this scam too - but my husband used to work for Microsoft, so as soon as I told the man that he disconnected. ))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I have gotten similar calls three times in the past month here in upstate New York. My son in the next town over has also gotten them. I even said to the last one "I know this is a scam" before I hung up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had these in the UK too. I usually tell them we don't have a computer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.