Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

More Hand-dyed Buttons

I dyed up three more small batches of buttons just to see what the colors would look like.


First I did some Golden Yellow (left), but think they look much too close to the Sunshine Orange (right) I did last time, I've mixed those two together and refer to them as Orange Marmalade. On the bottom is Violet.


Today I did a small batch of Scarlet.

It's amazing how you can get so many different shades of color from a single dye color. It all depends on the button, plastic or nylon, thick or thin, shiny or matte. I did have a few buttons that would barely take the dye, so I'll most likely use some color remover on them to see what happens and leave them as-is.

I'm hoping to cut my own wood buttons and try some dye on those, but need to get a blade for my coping saw to try hand cutting since I don't have a band saw.

Well that's it for this post, thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind, I truly do appreciate each and every one of them. So until next time ......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Interesting how the dyes turned out on the type of buttons. The buttons look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great.
    How exactly do you dye buttons? Do you just dump them in a tub of dye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look beautiful! I didn't know you could dye buttons.
    How fun! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your buttons turned out very cool!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never knew you could dye buttons. Love the colors! What are you going to do with all those buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know buttons could be dyed either. What kind of dye did you use? I have a ton of buttons I could play with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.