Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Thursday, June 04, 2015

More Hand-dyed Buttons

I tried two more colors for the hand-dyed buttons.


On the left is Navy Blue which came out black and grey, maybe less dye the next time around, but first I need to find more buttons I only have a couple dozen left. On the right is Yellow not a bad look would be great for flower centers. 

They're sitting on a piece of coffee stained and oven dried muslin that I'm going to use to make some primitive pumpkins for the fall. Oh who am I kiddin', I know I'll end up leaving them out all year long because they're just too cute. Here's the first one I made.

"6" wide Primitive Pumpkin"

Every thing is hand stitched and the wood stem is hand wrapped with jute twine. Way to cute to only leave out during the fall season, don't you think.

Well that's it for this post. Thanks for stopping by and having a look around and thanks for any thoughts you decide to leave behind, I appreciate each and every one. 

So until next time.......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

5 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is adorable! How do you make it?
    I also like the buttons. I have never thought about hand dieing buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the pumpkin. Well done. I can see why you would leave it out all year.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, your pumpkin is adorable! I would also love to know how you made it. Nice job on the buttons!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin is simple adorable. You are so creative.
    The buttons look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pumpkin! I would leave it out all the time too because it is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.