Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Monday, October 16, 2017

It's Been a Looooong Time

It's been a long while since I last posted, but I'm still here just haven't had much to post about.
My crafting, stitching and sewing mojo has been on an extended vacation somewhere without me, and it wasn't until last month that I finally pulled out my sewing machine and sat down and used it. We didn't get around to planting a garden and our fruit trees did little to nothing so there was no canning this year to post about. 

We bought ourselves a vacation home on August 17th and by vacation home I mean a 27 foot 2002 Keystone Laredo 5th wheel trailer and a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Pickup.


This is our first camping trip of 2017 up in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming. We opted for a dispersed camping spot instead of doing the paid campground, since all of the spaces were taken, happens a lot when it gets close to the end of camping season.


It has a single super slide 14'-16' long and a rear seating area where we rearranged the furniture and put the dinning table and chairs so morning coffee and breakfast as well as dinner could be done enjoying the view and any wildlife that happened by.


We moved the two swivel/rocking chairs that were at the back up by the entertainment center area so we could move them around to watch a movie if we wanted to. This trip we only had our 10" potable movie player and had to sit close to see and hear the movie. I mostly just read or played Solitaire at the table.


I used the Mainstays comforter that the RV dealer put on the bed to cover the ugly black Mainstays couch that replaced the original sofa bed the first owners had removed. The black just stood out to much with the rest of the living area being green, sage, tans and browns.


It has a good kitchen with a three burner stove, double sink, 8 cubic foot refer/freezer and a microwave. Three drawers for cooking utensils and lots of cupboard space even a pantry cupboard next to the refer. Of course, being only 5'4" I can't reach the cupboards above the refer and the micro.


It has a queen size bed with nightstands on either side and storage under the bed. Storage above the bed and a big closet with drawers under.


It also has a sink and medicine cabinet next to the closet and a bathroom with toilet and shower and a big linen closet across from the sink.

I used my sewing machine after this trip to make two pillow covers for the pillows on the chairs and a pair of blackout curtains in the bedroom.


I've had the fabric for the pillows for over twenty years and have smaller versions that I plan to make into potholders over the winter. Yes I want to go with a Woodland style vibe for our trailer so there will be other changes made over time.

Well, that's it for this post I'll post pictures from our other two camping trips in the next few days. So until then.........

Take Care and
Happy Fall Everyone
Hugs, Sandy

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you!
    Your camper is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! What a neat post to read and I hope you enjoy your vacation home. I look forward to seeing and reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.