Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, January 19, 2018

A Couple of 2018 Stitchy Finishes

Hello Everyone, hope your staying warm if it's winter in your neck of the woods. We still have some snow on the ground here, but warmer temps this week and rain today has melted a fair bit id it. Of course, since Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor, we are supposed to get more snow next week. Y'all know how happy that makes me, but I won't complain about the temps being the 40's and upper 30's. 

   Like I promised, here are the two older pieces that I just had to add a few stitches to so I could have completed stitchy finishes.

"Quaker Snowflake"
 
I started this back in I have no idea when and only needed to add part of the center border to finish it off after I figured out which thread I had used.
I have a nightstand with a drawer next to my side of the sofa and was cleaning out the drawer when I found it at the bottom folded in half and dirty.
I have the pins in it trying to figure out just how big of an ornament I want to make it in to. I know it will be a diamond shape with cording trim when I'm done.

"Welcome To Our Cabin"
 
I designed this piece in June or July of 2015, I started stitching it in August 2015 while on a camping trip to the Big Horn Mountains and did a bit after we got home from the trip. 
All that was left to stitch was our names and the Est. date and finish the area under the trees. It started out with white under part of the trees, but I didn't like the look so that was the first frogging I did this year and replaced it with a combo of two greens and a brown to look like grass and pine needles or dirt.
I want to turn this piece into either a pillow or a wall hanging with fabric strip border.

Well that's it for this post, so until next time........

Take Care & Happy Stitchin' Everyone
Hugs, Sandy

14 comments:

  1. These are both really nice, Sandy. I enjoy reading your blog with your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finishes. Like you I have a few pieces that only need a few stitched adding to them to finish them off. Funny how we do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. Luckily those were the only two, I think. ;)

      Delete
  3. I like both of your finishes, Sandy. Will you be offering either one as complimentary charts like you have offered others in the past? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I might add the Quaker Snowflake after I finish the stitched piece into an ornament. I do have a Valentines gift that I'm going to be sharing real soon.

      Delete
  4. Kudos on your finishes, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the variations of blue on the snowflake- makes it look even more crystaly! (My own word just for you😊)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, Sandy... I LOVE the Quaker Snowflake design. I'm sitting here looking at the colorway you've used and thinking of my favorite blues, just like the colors of your blog design, and a rather small piece of hand-dyed fabric that would set this off perfectly. I like "crystally," but spell check doesn't, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an old post but do you offer the chart for the "welcome to our cabin" piece either as a freebie or to purchase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me a bit to reply. My laptop is down and I'm not sure when I will have it running again. All of my charts are on there, so I will save your comment and see if I still have that chart and get back to you when I have my laptop back up and running.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.