Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, February 23, 2018

2018 Smalls SAL Update

 Hey there everyone! Hope you all have been well.
It was a busy day today with it being supply the cabin day. Off to town we went 40 miles away to check out the Billings RV & Boat Show, they advertised more vendors this year, but they lied big time. Same RV dealers and no extra vendors for parts and such for your RV's.
After we spent an hour or so lookin' around there it was off to Lowes, Michael's, Costco and Walmart, with a stop at Arby's for lunch. Then back home to put everything away. 
Unfortunately I didn't find anything at Michael's. I have become very disappointed with the lack of needlework supplies, both Michael's and Joann's only have one small isle, but several for yarn. I don't even want to go up to Hobby Lobby, they will most likely be the same way. Guess if I want anything other than DMC floss and Charles Craft 28 count Monaco I'll have to start going on-line shopping.

I only have a picture of one Small's finish for this month, even though I did have two finishes.

So here is my finished finish for 23 February 2018.

"What's Cookin'"
Finished: 20 February 2018
Designed by me, using the the large pine cone from a "Sweetheart Tree" chart that I have somewhere among my smalls charts. I haven't found the chart, but I did have a finished piece from a few years back where I had stitched the pine cone on a needle roll. 
I tried several times to make a large pine cone that I was happy with, but just could not make it work. I will continue to work on a pine cone of the same size just to see if I can get one of my own right.
Stitched on 28 count Monaco by Charles Craft using DMC threads. Hand made cording also from DMC thread. I attached a magnet to the back so it can hold my dinner list for the cabin.


Here it is on my fridge, the dark brown cording is almost lost in the blackness of the fridge.

Oh, I almost forgot. I tried the Pickled Carrots & Garlic and the Pickled Garlic that I canned and posted about a week or so back (I couldn't wait any longer) it is so yummy. Wish I would have known about how to do it a lot earlier.

That's it for today, so until next post .......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

11 comments:

  1. Your small is adorable, Sandy! I stopped by Wal-Mart yesterday only to discover they have done away with the floss and embroidery stuff. Hope you have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finish! I agree totally with you about the lack of choice in the needlework section of Joann's and Michael's.....it's the same old designs they have carried for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Cooking makes a cute magnet - it was a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy I don't know how far you are from Great Falls but we have a great shop here. It is mainly a yarn shop but the new owners are expanding the needlework section big time. They have Anchor, DMC, Specialty threads, beads, fabric, books, patterns etc. It is called Fibre House. https://www.facebook.com/fibrehouse406/

    The staff is wonderful and if they don't have what you are looking for they will order it and mail it to you if you can't get to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I went to edit and I hit the wrong button and deleted my own comment. Unfortunately Great Falls is several hours drive from me, they used to have Ben Franklin Crafts in Laurel and Billings but they shut down years ago and a wonderful needlework shop down in Cody WY which also closed so now I'm stuck with the big three and on-line.

      Delete
  5. A lovely small. I have to do most of my needlework shopping online. I miss not being able to see things like fabric and thread before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear this Sandy. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sandy

    Your little pine cone design is so sweet! I think I know the Sweetheart Tree chart you spoke of. Is it:
    http://www.ipernity.com/doc/nancybeth/13768489/in/album/290497.
    I hope you can see the link because it's one I stitched, and I'm not sure just anyone can see it. I adore pinecones! I do many craft using them.

    You're going to think me extremely rude, and I truly AM sorry, but I'm sure you know this but the younger people don't get things right because of modern technology, and we have to think hard when we see their mistakes and we end up adopting them ourselves. It's like fingernails scraping a blackboard to me. You have an ongoing habit of using an apostrophe for plural nouns, which we both know is used for possession, not more than one. Though this is not necessary, and probably rude. others may be reading: "The city's sewer system..." as opposed to: "The cities all have sub par systems."

    I too have to shop online. I used Beach Cottage Stitchers, Stitching Bits & Bobs, though the latter can be very slow at times. 123 Stitch literally has everything a stitcher or crafter would need or will order for you. I've also heard Stitch and Frog has good service, but I agree that Joann's and Michael's no longer stock for stitchers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy; I didn't think it rude at all and quite honestly I have never really noticed even though I do re-read each one of my posts before I add them to my blog. I guess it is just one of those typo's that I just don't see, but I'll to be on the look out in my future posts.

      It is a Whispers In The Pines chart, but it is a framed wall hanging. I just found the booklet (SV-059) in a cabinet today.
      Thank you for the on-line shop recommendations they should come in handy in the future.

      Take Care
      Hugs, Sandy

      Delete
  8. Such a sweet little finish. The design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.