Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

UGH!!!!

Guess what I woke up to this morning, Come on, guess.
No it wasn't my hubs making me breakfast in bed.
It was this .....

 Our back yard.

And, our front yard. 

Yep, about four (4) craptastic inches of that fluffy white stuff. It's only supposed to be cold for today and tomorrow then the temps should go back up into the 60's and melt all this away.

Luckily I got our tomato plants covered with tarps yesterday and got all of my herb plants and hanging plants inside. 

We canned the last of our apples and pears two weeks ago so at least that got finished. We ended the season with 24 quarts of apple pie filling and 21 quarts of pears. Also re-canned a #10 can of sliced black olives making 17 half pints.

Just going to have to wait and see with the Roma tomatoes, they were started a bit late and planted in late June so we will most likely have to harvest the green tomatoes and let them ripen indoors. No saving seeds this year, but I have lots from last year that can I still use.

Well that's it for now, so until next time.

Take Care & Stay Safe
Hugs, Sandy

8 comments:

  1. A few of my friends back in MT were talking about that snow this morning. I don't miss that one bit. Especially this early snow. It always hits the first time sometime in October, but it is a surprise every time. Nope....don't miss it one bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was almost 100 degrees here, so that snow looks great! Maybe we could do a weather swap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sill in the 80s, snow so soon. You canned a lot this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would be happy to take it off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a bit of snow already!
    You've been busy cannning, it all sounds so good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, not ready for snow yet. Autumn is just too beautiful. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow... that's no fun. Although it reminds me to put my snow brush in my car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fluffy stuff already? I'm so not ready for anything winter related. Except maybe more root veggie dishes, those I like ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.