Saturday, August 31, 2019

TUSAL for August

Not much happening on the stitching front.
I did do a good bit of sewing on our last camping trip to the Bighorn Mountains and my ORT pile is from that trip.


Of course I unknowingly deleted the pictures of my sewing machine setting on the table in our 5th wheel and the beautiful view I had while sewing in the mountains. 


Here is a shot of where we were camped.
I was able to use my sewing machine while we boondocked thanks to our 1000w inverter running off of battery power. We also plugged the generator into the shore power line and I was able to sew and use my iron. The iron draws 1200w and would be to much for the inverter.

Next up will be the pictures from both Bighorn trips.

Take Care Everyone
Hugs, Sandy


Wednesday, August 07, 2019

No Water, No Internet

Oh the joys of a small town.
We have been without water and Internet for over 24 hours now. Luckily we have water stored in our basement for times like this and I have my cell phone so I'm going to give posting a try. So far it's a pain in the butt.

It seems that when they were digging the hole to fix a broken pipe they cut the phone line. When I called the Town Hall this morning she didn't know when the water would be back on and said nothing about the phone line being cut. She sounded like she was tired of all the call's. They should have a message on the website telling everyone in the affected area about the water, but most likely they just put a note on the window.

We called the phone company and arranged for a repair man to come out. He came by but only talked to my hubs on the phone (he's at work) and told him the line had been cut. Never even came to the door even though he knew I was here waiting, the hubs had to call me and let me know.

OK that's the end of my rant. Hope they get it sorted out .

Take care everyone
Hugs, Sandy

*UPDATE* The water was turned back on around 2:30-3:00 pm 27 hours after it was shut off. The internet is still a bit spotty, but usable. Now we will have to call the phone company back and arrange another appointment to check the lines.

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Stitchin' & TUSAL

Hello Again Everyone!

I haven't done a TUSAL update since May, so here is what I've accumulated since then.

Not a lot of thread ORT's, i've only been stitching during our camping trips.

What I have been doing most is getting hanging organizers ready to sew up and post on an upcoming Etsy shop by the end of the month. It's a bit scary but I received a tremendous amount  of interest after posting a pic on a couple of RV groups. 

Lots & lots of fabric pieces, and there are more that I set aside for making fabric flowers, mini pot grabbers, and skillet handle covers.
 
Here is the stitching I got done while on our last camping trip.
 
Two more bookmarks and two future magnets for the RV fridge.
 DMC variegated, colorist, and GAST threads. All my own designs.

I'll show some pic's of what I've gotten sewn up after I get several more finishes. Were going camping again soon and I'll be taking my sewing machine and iron, along with the table top ironing board so I can get some more sewing done.
Until next time.......

Take Care Everyone
Hugs, Sandy


Monday, August 05, 2019

New Ironing Board Cover

 Hello everyone; hope this finds you all well.

My tabletop ironing board needed a new cover after years of ironing damp needlework and other crafts it was looking very, very sad.
So not wanting to wait until I found the perfect fabric I did a "make-do" cover.

I used an old king sized pillow case that was at least 30 years old but still in great condition. I left the original thin foam pad that came with the ironing board but added two layers of cotton batting for a nice padded feel that won't let the grid pattern show or leave an impression when ironing.

First I turned the pillow case inside out.
Then I traced the outline of the old cover on top of the pillow case then added a 1/2"-5/8" stitching line (didn't measure, just eyeballed it). I stitched around on the stitching line leaving a 2"-3" opening for turning at the front. 
I then cut 1/2" away from the stitching line and turned the case right side out and pressed.
Went back to the sewing machine and stitched on the outline from the old cover to make a casing. 
I finished by pulling 1/2" elastic thru the opening and stitched the elastic ends together. I didn't sew the opening closed since it was brunched up enough to not show after the elastic was in. I tried ribbon but it was a hassle trying to get it pulled tight and tied off.


This only took me about an hour and cost nothing.
I'll keep the original top for when I find that perfect fabric.

Take Care Everyone
Hugs, Sandy