Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Wednesday, August 07, 2019

No Water, No Internet

Oh the joys of a small town.
We have been without water and Internet for over 24 hours now. Luckily we have water stored in our basement for times like this and I have my cell phone so I'm going to give posting a try. So far it's a pain in the butt.

It seems that when they were digging the hole to fix a broken pipe they cut the phone line. When I called the Town Hall this morning she didn't know when the water would be back on and said nothing about the phone line being cut. She sounded like she was tired of all the call's. They should have a message on the website telling everyone in the affected area about the water, but most likely they just put a note on the window.

We called the phone company and arranged for a repair man to come out. He came by but only talked to my hubs on the phone (he's at work) and told him the line had been cut. Never even came to the door even though he knew I was here waiting, the hubs had to call me and let me know.

OK that's the end of my rant. Hope they get it sorted out .

Take care everyone
Hugs, Sandy

*UPDATE* The water was turned back on around 2:30-3:00 pm 27 hours after it was shut off. The internet is still a bit spotty, but usable. Now we will have to call the phone company back and arrange another appointment to check the lines.

3 comments:

  1. Geez, hope everything is ok & that they get it sorted out soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that they should have contacted the affected area people. Glad your water has been restored along with your internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in a small one to so know what you are talking about

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.