Wanderer's to the Cabin

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2014 Smalls SAL Update !!

It's the last Wednesday of February and time for my 2014 Small Stitch-A-Long update.

Since it's February, I stitched up two Valentine smalls.
First up is my version of the Valentine Freebie I posted for everyone. 

I finished this up on Feb. 13th and left it for my DH to find on his keyboard in the morning before going to work.


"Be My Valentine"
Designer: Sandra D. Longan {A.K.A. Sandy In Montana}
Stitched on 28ct. Evenweave lightly hand-dyed by me after stitchin', backed with dark red 14ct. Aida and fringed.
Thread used: 115 DMC Variegated Red {My fave color of floss}
I changed it quite a bit from the original, as I stitched it I just didn't like all of the hearts.


"Love Never Fails"
Stitched on 28ct. Evenweave that was hand-dyed around the outside edges of the design and left to fade inward to give a slightly aged look to the piece. 
Thread used: Light Mauve and Dark Mauve hand-dyed threads, dyed by me and DMC variegated #53.

Were getting a two day warm up into the 30's before it crashes back down into the single digits. We go shopping on Saturday and it's going to be -5 degrees, time to pull out my thermal under's and down coat.

 That's it for today, thank you so much for stoppin' by and leaving your thoughts behind.

Take Care & Happy Stitchin' Everyone
Hugs, Sandy

24 comments:

  1. I stitched Be My Valentine as well, very cute! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are very pretty - I'm sure dh appreciated your hard work - and the sentiment! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're really sweet and how lovely to give it to your hubby. I can never cross stitch anything for my hubby as he sits next to me as I stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute finishes and how sweet of you to leave the little surprise for your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching!
    Happy weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely finishes. Thanks for sharing your design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like those two smalls. Nice finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandy, these are two wonderful little Valentine pillows. Both very beautifully stitched and finished. A lovely little surprise for your husband to find on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I can say that you are really good. I am not good in stitching. Wish I can also make something like that. It is perfect to give as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it's taken me so long to get here to say what a great gift for the hub.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a few of your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.