Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Acorn Tree Alphabet Sampler

Another week, another finish.
This is my first ever quilted wall hanging. It's not perfect, but that only adds to it's rustic country charm, I think.
I changed 99% of the original chart to fit my tastes and only kept the tree trunk and branch shapes.
You can find the original chart for this one here:
Liberty Primitives & Needlework
She has many lovely freebies on her blog, stop by and have a peek.

"Acorn Tree Alphabet Sampler"
Stitched on 32ct. cream linen using DMC threads.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my latest finish, this leaves me with only four more to finish off, of course that's not counting the one I'm stitching on now or any others waiting in the wings.
I can honestly say, that I clearly see no end in sight to this stitching insanity.

Take Care Everyone & Happy Stitching
Sandy

13 comments:

  1. I think it looks good, Sandy. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! Your choice of fabric really compliments the stitched piece :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finish,beautiful stitching and I love that particualr finishing technique, a little hanging quilt! Very niiiice! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy your quilted wall-hanging looks wonderful! Congrats on such a pretty finish.
    Look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it!! I think it looks absolutely perfect! NO, there is not end to the stitching addiction...believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wants to end their stitching insanity? It is the most fun and satisfying insanity that I know of. LOL

    Your quilted wall hanging is beautiful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great!! I just checked out her site I like her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on another great finish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifull!!!
    françoise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finish. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.