Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Some Things for the Vacation Home

Hello Dear Friends & Readers. I hope this finds you all well.

Back in March I placed an order on Amazon for some items for our Vacation Home (aka: the 5th wheel trailer) and totally forgot to post about the goodies even though I did take pictures.

I wanted to organize our dishes better and keep them from sliding around in the cupboard and also wanted to replace the Tupperware that Bretz RV included with our trailer, so I got these.

"Camco - Stack-a-Plate"

These work great and have a non-slip coating on the bottom to keep them from sliding around and you can also screw them in place if you need more security.
The large one hold's up to 10 1/4" plates and the smaller one holds the sandwich plates and bowls.

They hold our new dishes.
 
"Corelle Living Ware"
 It is guaranteed to be highly break and chip resistant and other campers and full-time RVer's have been using it for years with great results. 


 I added squares of the black non-slip shelf liner in between each one of the bowls for added safety. I also have squares of the shelf liner in between the cookware to keep them from scratching since they are the non-stick variety. I kept the Tupperware plates and bowls to use for lunches. Need to add a shelf above the dishes for more storage room.
 
Wanted to add more hanging space to our closet, so I bought these....
 
 
They turned our hanging area from this....
 

To this....




Our closet is a little short so some of the clothes bunch up on the bottom, but it's not that bad and nothing gets wrinkled. 
Of course there is no room for extra shoes on the bottom when the closet is fully loaded for camping season so I need to come up with a shoe rack of some sort now. Think I'll check out Pintrest for some do-it-yourself ideas.
Also need to buy a battery operated light bar to replace the puck light that doesn't put out near enough light in the closet.
 
All of these items cost me no money at all thanks to spending some time taking surveys and exchanging my points for Amazon gift cards. 

I found an older paper towel holder in our basement and need to get it put up so the paper towels aren't just sitting on the counter. I mostly use Pinecone, Lifepoints, and Swagbucks.

After a soak and a scrub in hot soapy water it looks just like new.

I also bought sheets for the bed and modified them to fit better, but that is a post for another day.

Take Care Everyone
Hugs, Sandy


6 comments:

  1. Never saw these before. My cousin has a new camper and I will let her know. The other cousin has a camper in a permanent spot on Lake Erie and they spend the entire summer there. They love the small space living and they are used to a large home! Really a nice way to travel and vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so nice & organized, a great idea for dishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool solutions you have come up with! I like the Corelle Ware set. While it is extremely break and chip resistant, it does make an incredible mess if it does shatter leaving 'slivers' all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I will have to look for these as we are moving into our Class A in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds, even better that you didn't have to spend $$ on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great items for your 5th wheel. Anything to help organize and keep things safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.