Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tried Something New

Hello Everyone; Hope you all are safe and well.

The weather here in Montana has most definitely taken a turn into fall. We went from day time temps in the high 80's and 90's down to the low 70's, 60's, and even high 50's. Good thing about this is I no longer have to run the A/C to keep the house cool, the ceiling fan's do just fine to circulate the air. Of course, I'm much happier with the cooler temps, but after this will come winter and that fluffy white crap that I love so much (lot's of sarcasm there).

About the truck, we found out the transmission is toast. The mechanic in town started to drain the fluid and it looked like liquid metal. So a new transmission and clutch will be needed. So goes life and a few grand$$$$.

I saw some beautiful macrame curtains and room dividers on Pintrest and thought I would try my hand at it on a much smaller and simpler scale, a key chain. I used Caron Watercolors.


It's definitely not perfect by any means, but I will try again at another time when I have studied up on the different knots and proper threads/rope to use.
I would love to make a piece for our 5th wheel to hang above the steps to the bedroom.

Take Care & Happy Creating

Hugs, Sandy 

3 comments:

  1. Macramé is on it's way back - you are a step ahead of the game. I used to macramé back in the 80's - had a ton of stuff that I was going to do when I retired. It's still not done! It is fun when you know what you are doing. Keep it going! Judi in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the truck. :(
    I love Macrame.
    I made a lot of things back in the 70's, some I still have.
    Can't tell you how many of those Owls I made with feathers around the eyes, I had people requesting them.
    Have fun with it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the truck's transmission and clutch! I think your macramé keychain looks good. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.