Monday, May 11, 2009
"Hope" is finally finished !!
The third time was definitely the charm when it came to stitching the Hope ornament. I changed the fabric from 28ct. Carolina Linen to 28ct. Monaco and it stitched like a breeze.
Here it is before being turned into the Needle Roll ornament.
I used DMC, Kreinik, Mill Hill beads and a thread I hand-dyed myself it is backed with a dark purple satin.
I stitched this in memory of both mine and my husband's father's, and stitched the Cure ornament in memory of my Grandma.
Here it is after being finished. They will be sent off to Donna for her "Stitching for a Cure" tree for the American Cancer Society. Now I need to make one's to hang on our own Christmas tree.