Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

TUSAL Update Among Other Things

Only a day late with this months TUSAL Update.
So ...... lets start there.

Here's my stitchin' entry.

And here's my sewing/craft entry.

These are the reason I've been having so many fabric scraps. 
I have lots more cut out and ready to put together for adding to other prim and country pieces or just on branch stems. 
The flowers, leaves and pumpkins are super quick and easy, except for the pumpkin stems wrapped in jute, which took a bit and those two darn butterflies (rose/mauve colored on the left) which were a bit of a pain to get right. The yellow pumpkin is hand-dyed and the cream pumpkin is coffee stained and dyed, still need to get some wired hemp or jute for the curly tendrils on the pumpkins. 
When you have no primitive or country shops in the area ya just gotta make it yourself.

Did a bit of canning weekend before last.

Five quarts of very pretty and yummy Four Bean Salad.
Love adding home canned foods to our pantry, helps cut down on a lot of the stuff we would normally buy on a shopping trip. Best thing is we know exactly what were putting into it, no mystery ingredients or things you can't pronounce. 

Started lots of herb seeds for my herb garden that I plan to have this year. Basil, Oregano, Dill, Rosemary, Spearmint, Peppermint, Parsley, Cilantro, and Garlic Chives so far. Then some Sunflowers and two types of Lavender. Planted Banana Peppers, Beets, Radishes and Cucumber seeds in the garden this weekend. Hopefully they sprout and the deer don't eat them. 
Bought two cold hardy Blueberries to plant in the garden, but one has taken some damage as Jack decided that he wanted to take out his spite on one of them, hope it survives since he pulled it out of its pot and broke a branch off dragging it around the backyard then chewed the plastic pot for good measure. He is my least favorite dog at the moment and knows it since he steers clear of me right now.

Well, I think I've gone on long enough tonight. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and maybe leave a thought or two behind. So, until next time......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin' Everyone
Hugs, Sandy

10 comments:

  1. You definitely look like you have been busy. Love your sewing projects. The four bean salad jars look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-- you and your flowers are INSPIRATIONAL !!!!! I bought a kanshi book and it's still languishing next to my bed. I really need to go play so I can have a pile of pretties like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such productivity! I love the flowers, butterflies & the pumpkins, you are very clever.
    The beans look delicious & I hope the blueberrie plant survives.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your entries look great! I wish I could make things like the pumpkin. I am not crafty that way. I wish I had a green thumb. I've tried to raise vegetables/fruit. It's a joke! Love your blog though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a lot! I love the sewing crafts, do you go by a pattern? If you do, could you lead me in the right direction for one on the web maybe a tutorial? Thanks! your canning is lovely and I am sure tasty! hugs, and happy stitching, queeny

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers look great and the jars yummie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really been busy, love the flowers and pumpkins and the 3 bean salad looks really yummy!
    Mar Louise in IN

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been very busy! Great TUSAL orts. Your flowers are stunning! One day I'll learn to sew. The salad looks delicious; it's so nice to make your own, I agree. Bad doggy! I hope your blueberry makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very productive month, both craft-wise and canning. Love the flowers and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! I love bean salad. Would you share the recipe? It didn't occur to me that you could can it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.