Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, March 30, 2018

Small's SAL update for March

Hello Everyone
It's time for the March update of the Small's SAL.

I've been doing quite a bit of stitching that I keep forgetting to take pictures of and since I am amazingly slow in the finishing department you get to see the before and hopefully here soon the after in another post.

First off I stitched my Love Love design, you can find the chart here: Love, Love Design.

 "Love Love"
Designed By: Sandra Longan
I stitched this on an unknown piece of mauve evenweave, it's real thick with an almost felted back. I picked it up in a second hand store several years back and have never figured out what it is called. I used all DMC threads and some charms and buttons that I've gotten over the years. The fabric will be the backing and as of now it will be made into a wall hanger.
I've also gotten the bug to do Hardanger again and since it's been a while I started out small.

The fringed piece will be a pin pillow when finished, the multi colored piece will most likely turn into a scissor fob and the piece on the Ribband will be a jar or can wrap with fabric flowers in red, white and blue.

The two Hardanger pieces were stitched with no pattern just looking in my Hardanger book for a refresher update on the stitches used, on 28 count evenweave using DMC Color Variations and Mill Hill beads for the aqua piece and for the other Caron Wildflowers in Carnival. The Ribband piece was also stitched with no pattern and stitched on 14 count 1 inch Ribband using Caron Wildflowers in Night Sky and Chili, DMC B5200 and DMC Variegated Yellow. I didn't put stars on the flags since I couldn't get the colonial knots to look right.

Well that's it for this post, so until next time .........

Thank you for stopping by and do come again.
Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

10 comments:

  1. Lovely smalls that you have created for March! I really like your Love piece; it looks super on the mauve fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity is inspiring. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute finishes.
    That fabric for the back of the Love piece is perfect!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty smalls. Your Hardanger pieces are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors in the love finish so pretty happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely updates! I especially love the colorful hardangers and the candle wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love piece looks beautiful. Your hardanger piece reminds me that I am also having a book on hardanger in my library. Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! Your little stitches are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mauve piece turned out beautifully. Sometimes a bit of digging, producing an unknown is the best kind of stash. I LOVE the hardanger pieces, and the thread you use were gorgeous, but then... I'm not a huge fan of white on white hardanger work, so these were great choices, and it makes the needle work on the fabric really stand out (unlike white on white). The banding would be perfect on a jar or jar lid. I keep about everything I can repurpose, and I'm thinking just some regular glass food jars I've kept for something like this would be cute. I do mason jars too, but you can really dress up recycled garbage like coffee cans, food jars, and different tin cans. I'm sure you know all that as crafty and creative as you are.

    Happy stitching and crafting,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy. I've only stitched 3 or 4 white on white or cream on cream Hardanger pieces, they are beautiful in their simplicity but always so plain. I love using tin cans as well as mason and other jars for crafts and storage. I save quite a bit that most would just throw out as garbage. Boxes for cereal and such are used for templates/patterns, backing for some of my stitched pieces, floss and lace bobbins. There is always more than one way to recycle.
      Hugs, Sandy

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.