Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Mason-Lovell Ranch in Wyoming

Hello Everyone; Hope you all are doing well and getting some time to do things you love.

We went out on Sunday, April 15 and found this beautiful piece of the past in Wyoming. There will be quite a few pictures in this post. I just can't seem to get enough of old log cabins.
The Mason - Lovell Ranch.
Loved his reasoning for not hiring someone. 
"Do you smoke and do you wear suspenders?"
If you answered yes to the first one and no to the second one, he wouldn't hire you because he thought you would spend to much time rolling cigarettes and pulling up your pants when you should be working. 
Sounds reasonable.

First up was the North Cabin
 A look at the inside.

The Bunkhouse was next.
You can see that they do repairs to the cabins.
The Blacksmith Shop was next.

Then on to the South Cabin also called the Orchard Cabin
The feeling here was so calm and peaceful, pieces of the past littered the ground in the form of pieces of pottery, glass, old bolts, nails, and horseshoes. Unfortunately I failed to get pictures of those and just let them stay where they lay. I am so glad they choose to preserve the past instead of tearing it down or letting it rot into the soil. 
Thank you so very much for stopping by and seeing what I've been up to.


Take Care Everyone
Hugs, Sandy

5 comments:

  1. What fun. I love seeing old places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat place - how did you find it? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say how he researches where we go and uses Google Earth to scout out new camp sites, but I asked him how he found this place and he simply said "I saw the sign on the way up and turned in on the way back. So much for all the online scouting I see him doing at home.
      Hugs, Sandy

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful piece of history! I like his reasoning behind hiring. Thank you for sharing your day trip with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.