Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Bread Cover turned Table Topper Finished

Happy May Everyone 
The year is just flying by it seems, and camping season has my hubs chomping at the bit and actually mumbling "Lucky Camping Bastards" every time he see's someone going somewhere with their RV in tow. I just pat him on the shoulder and say "I know honey, well get to go soon" his reply is "Not soon enough". If he could camp year round he would most definitely be one "Happy Camping Bastard".

While I'm on the subject of camping, my hubs has started a blog called "Camping Bastards.com" that he is filling up with lots of campground info and camping tips, tricks and product reviews for making your camping experience more enjoyable. 
The campgrounds are in Montana and Wyoming since that's where we go at the moment and include fee/pay sites as well as free/boondocking places.
So if you have any friends who love camping, have them stop by and see what he has to say.

Now on to the Stitchin' 
I finally finished the bread cloth that I'm going to use as a table topper in our 5th wheel. I'm still on the fence if I want to add "Wrought by Sandra Longan and the date finished in the center, so until I decide if I want my signature that large the it will remain empty.

Here it is on the table. 
I didn't have a tablecloth to set it on so I used one of the napkins that came with the trailer.

A close up of the center.

The first John Muir quote. 
I chose quotes that describe my hubs to a tee.
"The Mountains are calling, and I must go". 

 The second quote from John Muir.
"You are not in the Mountains, the Mountains are in you".
 
Closer views of the outside pine boughs and the corner bits.
That's a piece of dried grass that came out of the over head cabinet that the napkins were in, didn't see it until I downloaded the pics. I think I need to take the Shop-Vac out and clean all the cabinets before we go out.

A final look at the whole piece.

I didn't iron it since it will be folded in the trailer until we park. The hubs had the idea of getting a piece of plexi glass cut to fit the top of the table and putting it over the table cover so it doesn't get dirty. I may take him up on that offer.


Well, that's it for this post, so until next post......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin' Everyone
Happy Camping coming soon.
Hugs, Sandy


6 comments:

  1. This is great, with great quotes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn, I have written down several that I love so I can add them to some of my designs.
      Have a great weekend
      Hugs, Sandy

      Delete
  2. Your table topper turned out great. What if you put your last initial in the center instead of wrought by and your name? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to design the initial right after I read your comment. Thanks for the idea Robin.
      Have a great weekend
      Hugs, Sandy

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome. I can't wait to see what you create for the center.

      Delete
  3. Love your table topper - great use of a bread cloth :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.