Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, July 13, 2018

TUSAL for July

Hello Everyone, I can't believe it's already July it always seems that the year passes quicker and quicker. 
It's been in the upper 90's so far this month but still going down into the upper 50's and mid 60's for over night so at least it cools down some. Yes, the air conditioner has been a good friend of mine.

Thank you all so much for your kind and healing comments, we both really appreciated them. 
I'm healing up fine just have bruises to fade away and the spot on my elbow is getting smaller. The hubs will be 4-6 weeks for the bruised ribs to heal and since he is back at work I'm leaning more towards the 6 weeks. He starts spending quality time with the heating pad as soon as he walks in the door. 

Now on to the TUSAL update for July.....
You can find a link on my sidebar, just scroll down.


My little jar got over half full this time around. I think I need to pop it in the dishwasher, it's starting to look a bit grubby.

Lots of greens and browns, but also some from the new DMC Coloris threads that I picked up at Michael's. I found a list on line that gives you the corresponding DMC solids for Coloris and Color Variations at www.needlenthread.com
 
I found the large jar with around 10 years of ort's in the back of a cabinet in my craft room, so I thought I would share a picture of it along side my total for 2018. That is a whole lot of threads. Eventually I know I will either throw them out or ..... maybe I will get one of those gallon sized Ball mason jars and keep them in there. I love the mason jar idea.

I'm still trying to decide on the scissor fob design to share. I love the patchwork heart with the saying Stitchin' is in my Heart, but the bee's are so cute and I also have one with stitched buttons all over and one with an antique sewing machine, so many choices. Maybe if I quit playing with the designs I'll come up with a decision. 

Well, that's it for today everyone, thank you so much for stoppin' by and maybe leaving a thought or two behind. Until next time.......

Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Super collection of orts; from this year as well as from 10 years ago! I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. An ORT is the little tail end of thread or floss that is clipped off after you have stitched the last of that piece. ORT - Old Ratty Thread

      Delete
  3. Glad you both are getting better.
    That's a lot of Orts!!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.