Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

What A Week !

When your just going along mindin' your own business and along comes Murphy times 2.

We were supposed to camping last week, but the hubs falling four feet from the doorway of a semi truck cab on Tuesday at work put a stop to that. He had to help a window up that didn't want to go then turned around and lost his footing.

He came home with a badly swollen bruised right knee, bruised ribs on the left side and an inch round piece of skin missing from his left elbow and the resulting bruises and swelling from that. He landed with his face only an inch or two from the pavement. His place was on the couch alternating between ice packs and the heating pad.
He didn't want give up on the camping trip though and when I mentioned unloading the fridge and freezer on Wednesday he told me not to be to hasty he could be fine in the morning (keep dreaming hun), so to humor him I left everything as it was. By Thursday night he finally gave up the idea of camping as we reasoned out the things he couldn't do because of the injuries. So very happy that nothing was broken. He's back to work today, but on limited duty.

So, Friday afternoon I started to unload the fridge and freezer, remove the bread and any thing else that would spoil or get melted from the heat, my stitchin' stuff that I planned on doing while out camping, my handgun and some of the clothes.
 It took three trips just for the food and then it was my turn for the GOD of clumsiness to show up and smack me around. I missed a step coming out of the trailer on the last trip and that was all it took. Luckily I hit back against the door slamming it into the the outside wall of the trailer and then fell sliding down the door and landing on my feet. I ended up with a skinned and bruised left elbow a pulled muscle in my left hip and a big bruise on the under side of my upper right arm. I was glad that was all I did and that I landed on my feet, but pissed I dropped my gun, at least it was in the holster and unloaded. If I had fallen forward instead of back I had a pile of big rocks to the left of the doorway and a black walnut tree and 8x8 fence post right in front of the doorway. It could have been much worse for both of us last week.

On a happier note I have another scissor fob chart to share with you all. I just need to decide between a patchwork heart or bee's on a honeycomb. So until next time, thank you so much for stopping by.

Take Care & Be Safe
Hugs, Sandy


5 comments:

  1. OMG! What a crappy week you had!
    I hope you are both feeling better, glad nothing is broken.
    Wishing both of you a good recovery.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you both are on the mend and the aches and bruises are going away. Sorry, it put a damper on your camping trip, but there will be others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! You two should be done with those stunts! Got that? No more - no no no 😊. Heal well and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy!! I hurt just reading about it! I'm so glad the two of you are ok, though so very sore. Praying for quick healing for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! I'm glad it wasn't worse, and hopefully you both are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.