Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, November 30, 2018

2018 Smalls SAL Update

Hello Dear Friends & Followers;
I hope all is well with you. 

Thanksgiving was just the hubs and I per usual with our families living in California and northern Idaho. Cooked a turkey with stuffing, corn, deviled eggs, gravy and rolls as sides. Peach Cobbler for dessert.
A nice quite day.

I haven't done any stitching in the last few weeks, but still have a finished piece for my November Smalls SAL update, which is a day or two late. Oh well, so goes life.

"Flower & Berry Vines"
Designed By: Sandra Longan Designs (ME)
Stitched on 14 count rustic aida using my own hand-dyed threads.

This little pillow will be sent to my 93 year old mother for Christmas.
It has a stitched patch on the back that reads "Always Remember" with my siblings and my name surrounding the words. My mother is in a memory care facility in Sacramento California suffering from advanced dementia. 

Thank you for stopping by and maybe leaving your thoughts behind, I really do appreciate all the nice things you have to say.

Take Care & 
Have a Great Weekend
Hugs, Sandy


7 comments:

  1. The pillow is a pretty & thoughtful gift.
    Prayers for your Mom.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful pillow, Sandy. I'm sorry to hear your mom has Alzheimer's - my mom did and dad suffer with undetermined dementia when he passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy. I would love to know how you overdye your threads.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use liquid Rit Dye in smaller amounts, 1/4 c HOT water to 1/4 tsp to 1 Tbsp. of dye depending on the color/shade I want. I always use the same amt. of dye and salt. use an eyedropper or teaspoon to apply the dye for a variegated look. Let it set for about 30 min. rinse really well then soak in Rit's color fixative to set the color. I use DMC white or ecru floss.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely pillow you created for your Mother's Christmas gift! Enjoy your weekend, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful finish, how lovely that you added your family on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gift for your mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.