Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Sunday, December 09, 2018

Meet Belle

Hello Dear Friends & Followers;
Hope this post finds you well.

After I finished making "Jingles" for my winter decorating I decided that he needed a friend, a lady friend.

So let me introduce "Belle" 

"Belle"
She might get the rosy cheeks treatment as soon as I buy some blusher.
She is made from the same natural cotton batting and stuffed with fiber fill from an old pillow. She wears dark red felt earmuffs with a braided jute band adorned with smalls snowflakes, a dark red felt scarf with fringed ends and a snowflake, and a dark red felt apron with lace overlay that ties in the back. She has a handmade orange felt carrot nose and sewn on dark blue button eyes. She is 8" tall and 6" across the bottom.

 

I still haven't decided on the arms yet, I have some twigs that would work, but would have to be very careful when packing them away so they don't get broken. We're going to town next weekend and will hit up the craft stores to see if they have any alternatives for arms. If nothing else maybe I can use brown pipe cleaners or something similar. Maybe some heavy wire or pipe cleaner wrapped in a single strand of jute.



"Jingles & Belle"
I think they make a perfect couple.

I call these "make-do" crafts since I had everything for them right in my craft room except the arms. I'll have to try a pipe cleaner wrapped in jute to see what that would look like, I have that in my craft room too.
Since I worked in a House of Fabrics for 2 years and a Ben Franklin's for 4-5 years I acquired a lot of stash.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today and maybe leaving your thoughts behind, I really appreciate each and every comment.

Take Care Everyone &
Have a great day.
 Hugs, Sandy


9 comments:

  1. Belle is adorable. Both she and Jingle will add to your winter décor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are adorable. If you want to use blusher, go to the Dollar Tree. $1 each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! Yup, they need arms. Also, you could use a colored pencil to blush her cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's really cute - good luck with finding arms for your new friends! Let us know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I think they're adorable even without arms <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both lovely ! Well done !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, she's precious! I love her earmuffs and apron. They look so sweet together, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how utterly adorable! Great job, as always, Sandy! You ooze creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.