Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, December 28, 2018

2018 Smalls SAL for December

Hello Dear Friends & Followers;
Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday season and are doing well. 

I thought we were going to get away without having a white Christmas this year, but at 4:30 pm on Christmas Eve it started to snow and left with a dusting for a powdered sugar landscape. It did the same thing on Christmas and left us with around 2 inches of snow. We've been here for 35 years and it would have been a first if it didn't snow.

Here is my final Smalls SAL update. 
Not sure if I will participate next year.

I stitched up two of my mini Quaker Snowflakes.


I will finish these with a ribbon for hanging and blue or white felt backing.
I plan to stitch a lot more of them and turn them into mini ornaments to add to a pine wreath to hag by the front door during the winter season and maybe a few magnets to add a little winter to the kitchen.

I finished off two other smalls that I stitched earlier.


"Merry Solstice" by The Primitive Hare
This is a free chart and can be found HERE 
 I stitched this one on 28 count Mocha/Beige evenweave using DMC Gold metallic 1 strand over 2 threads. I added a 1/4" gold ribbon hanger, two corded trims in rust, gold, and cream and a scattering of plastic crystal snowflakes. 

This one was stitched on the same 28 count only over one thread using my own hand-dyed thread. I finished it off with a 1/4" silver ribbon hanger, a silver ribbon bow, blue and silver corded trim, and a scattering of mini plastic crystal snowflakes.

And Finally 
They got arms !!!

I found a wrapped wire that resembles wood and shaped it into arms. It will do for now, I just need to bend/shape them a bit so they don't look like their being held up at gun point. I may make arms from the same batting later on but I'm not sure just yet. I'll live with them the way they are for a while and see how I feel later on.

Well, that's it for 2018, so until next time.....

Take Care & Happy New Year
Hugs, Sandy

 


11 comments:

  1. Very pretty finishes. I love your hand-dyed floss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finishes, and love those Snow People.
    Happy New year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krásny snehuliaci, aj výšivky!
    Pekný deň,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitches are all so pretty. I love your snowflakes. Your snow couple looks darling. Wishing you a very happy 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, snow at Christmas!
    Your mini snowflakes look good, maybe they inspired the real ones?
    I like your ornaments, the one in blue is so pretty.
    Awe, your snowpeople look great with arms, now they can hug each other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snow people look great - love your idea of the arms made that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tank you for all the freebies you generously design and share! I love your snowflakes you stitched and the snowpeople are super cute! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the lovely designs you share with us. Wishing you and yours a most Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty stitching! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like what you've done with the Winter Solstice Primitive Hare freebie, and thank you for directing us to her freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little quaker snowflakes are adorable. So are the snowpeople.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.