Sandra Longan Designs (Items For Sale)

Friday, October 26, 2018

October 2018 Smalls SAL

Hello Friends, Hope you are all doing well. 

It's time once again for the Smalls SAL, and here is what I've been stitching.

 I stitched this little magnet using DMC's Coloris threads on 28 evenweave and used one coordinating thread from each one to make the cording. No chart for this one just stitched hearts.
 
"Samhain" by The Primitive Hare  
I finished as an ornament and added a cording of jute twine couched in place with a with the same DMC Color Variations thread that I used for the pumpkin. I wanted it to have a more primitive look.
 
Here is a shot of the back. I found this cute pumpkin fat quarter at Walmart for .97 cents.

I've been doing a lot of 'free hand" needlework since I don't have a printer yet and came up with this fall inspired piece with a little help from Lizzie Kate leaflet #543 "Gather a Harvest".

 I fell in love with the pumpkin on the end with the curly stem and fat black birdie, so I added one on each end of a scrap of 18 count rustic Aida then added a tall pumpkin in the middle using the same leaves then a couple of gourds in between with curly stems and baby black birdies. I added a saying that popped into my head while stitching with the help of an alphabet leaflet, then hand stitched the piece onto a some of the pumpkin fabric I bought, frayed the edges and added a bow. I backed it with a piece of yellow fabric I had in my stash.

This piece was stitched with my own hand-dyed threads and one DMC Color Variations.

That's it for now, so until next time.......

Take Care Everyone &
Have A Great Weekend
Hugs, Sandy

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your small finishes! They look really n ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your heart stitch and your pumpkin stitch make me smile! Your threads turned out lovely for the pumpkin piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice little motifs, the pumpkins I like very well.
    Greetings, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finishes are very pretty - you're one talented lady, creating your own colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finishes, I really love the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some really nice projects! I love the soft colors on the hearts especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects, beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three cute finishes, Sandy. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave your thoughts behind. They are truly appreciated and help keep me motivated to continue doing the things I love.